Call us at: 1-888-254-7636
Virtual Assistants are working from an office in their homes, somewhat situated away from other humans, connected only by a computer, the Internet, a telephone, and maybe “colleagues” in forums or mastermind groups.
Circumstances like these are surely enough reason for encouraging an online entrepreneur to seek out and to attend conventions and conferences regularly in order to shore up their skills and to keep up with the ever-changing trends in today’s online climate.
Thus enter the Online International Virtual Assistants Convention (OIVAC) and all its opportunities; it’s just a click away from helping any VA renew passion and remember why you became a VA in the first place.
Improved professional knowledge and skills will be repaid many times over when you are energized and inspired, having had an opportunity to compare notes with colleagues who may have faced – or are facing – similar circumstances to those you face in your business.
Before we present reasons why participating in conventions and conferences are important, let’s identify the three types of conference attendees:
- Ultimate class attendees – individuals who are regularly invited to present or attend and participate.
- Moderate or “middle-of-the-road” attenders – attend one or two favorites a year.
- Rare attendees – never attend or if they do, very infrequently (once every two years or more).
Actually, there is a fourth category; for those that can’t see any real benefit to attending a professional convention/conference. They can’t identify any benefit or advantage to trekking off to or logging online for a multi-day event. However, the easiest and probably only way to discover “the value” is by simply diving into the experience.
Several important benefits of attending conferences.
- Learn from others in your profession–and perhaps in your particular area of expertise (What works? What doesn’t work?). This is real, practical, professional development in action.
- Share with others your thoughts, experiences, etc. Conventions/conferences are not just for taking. They are also excellent opportunities for giving.
- Take a break from the daily routine and tasks, which can be refreshing and re-energizing. (It is simply amazing how much a handful of days focused on your profession yet removed from the daily grind and countless business interruptions can encourage and invigorate your calling to the profession.)
- Have a real opportunity to step back and reflect on the bigger picture of your business. (Sometimes it’s hard to see the forest for the trees. Conferences allow you to pull away from the daily mechanics and be more philosophic about your profession.)
- Network, network, network. (I would argue that one of the greatest benefits of conference attendance is simply meeting other folks who do what you do.)
One final word.
Let me encourage you–if you have never attended a professional Virtual Assistant Industry conference or OIVAC, give it a shot.
All industries offer “professional development and training”, and individuals interested in participating and see the benefit, “find ways” to attend. They plan their budget in advance. They also inform clients that they will not be available because they are attending business conferences. I’ve been told that when VAs notify clients they will not be available during convention days, clients note it on their calendars and offer encouragement and accolades for the VA’s participation in professional development.
They see the value!
Besides, by attending the convention from the comfort of your home office, you might discover ways to grow professionally, and perhaps when you shut down your computer you will return to your business with a renewed spirit. And, who knows, you may find that you simply enjoy it.
Don’t wait, visit OIVAC and jump on the convention bandwagon. As this year’s theme states and It could truly be… Where Your Future Begins. Today!
Online International Virtual Assistants Convention
Dates: Thursday, May 18, 2017, to Saturday, May 20, 2017
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 12 midnight EDT (New York) (daily)
Email: info @ OIVAC.com